This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: How can I include .symtab and .strtab into .data?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Yuri Zilber <yurizilb at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:17:29 +0930
- Subject: Re: How can I include .symtab and .strtab into .data?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEb31PrPZUevXHB6KuFr4__0RGr-BJNzFEt6Cbxi+wokeqyKAg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 05:16:44PM -0700, Yuri Zilber wrote:
> How can I include content of .symtab and .strtab into .data section
> (or loadable segment) using linker script?
> Have I use objcopy?
Sorry, objcopy won't help either. .symtab and .strtab aren't treated
as normal sections by the BFD library.
Australia Development Lab, IBM