This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ARM gas: Maximum alignment
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthew Fernandez <matthew dot fernandez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 09:11:46 +0930
- Subject: Re: ARM gas: Maximum alignment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55B4247C dot 2070302 at gmail dot com> <20150727074556 dot GE26017 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 05:15:56PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> It seems like the only reason tc-arm.c needs its own copy of s_align
> is that ".align 0" oddly means the same as ".align", ie. a default
> How does this rationalization look to the ARM maintainers? This will
> also give ARM support for 3 arg .align, specifying max skip bytes.
> * gas/config/tc-arm.c (s_align): Delete.
> (md_pseudo_table): Use s_align_ptwo for "align".
> * gas/config/tc-arm.h (TC_ALIGN_ZERO_IS_DEFAULT): Define.
> * read.c (s_align): Modify for TC_ALIGN_ZERO_IS_DEFAULT.
Australia Development Lab, IBM