This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: AArch64's Setting DT_TEXTREL Is too Strict.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: lin zuojian <manjian2006 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:46:18 +0930
- Subject: Re: AArch64's Setting DT_TEXTREL Is too Strict.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150813090116 dot GA13666 at ubuntu>
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 05:01:16PM +0800, lin zuojian wrote:
> I find that on aarch64, DT_TEXTREL is set in dynamic section when my
> object just has read-only section relocation. On
> Would it be better to change this to .text section only?
No. DT_TEXTREL (or DF_TEXTREL) should be set if any section that maps
to a read-only PT_LOAD segment, has a dynamic relocation.
Australia Development Lab, IBM