This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: optimization by as
- From: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- To: Virendra Kumar Pathak <kumarvir dot pathak at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 14:08:45 +0000
- Subject: RE: optimization by as
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEDvCBS2RdGBwpirseB5Bne1_tOw=68O-5V9Q-S+AmZM7+vWog at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I see -O option for MIPS target in 'man as' but no such option for
> Please give some insight on what type of optimization does this -O do.
This optimisation is enabling the filling of branch delay slots, and the
removal of unneeded nops.