This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
optimization by as
- From: Virendra Kumar Pathak <kumarvir dot pathak at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:29:52 +0530
- Subject: optimization by as
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi Binutils Group,
I am new to writing assembly code. I know gcc can optimize C code
through various flags like -O, -O2, -O3 etc.
Does GNU 'as' also does any optimization (like instruction
re-ordering) when it compile assembly code (for arm/aarch64 cpu) ?
I see -O option for MIPS target in 'man as' but no such option for arm/aarch64.
Please give some insight on what type of optimization does this -O do.
Virendra Kumar Pathak