This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker garbage collector
- From: pinskia at gmail dot com
- To: Sivaprasad <sivaprasad dot pv at redpinesignals dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 03:45:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: linker garbage collector
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55BA06C2 dot 8010903 at redpinesignals dot com>
> On Jul 30, 2015, at 4:13 AM, Sivaprasad <email@example.com> wrote:
> I have complied my project with -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections compiler options (observed separate section generated for each function) and trying to use --gc-sections option while linking.No changes in executable size, unused functions are still present in executable file.
> Binutils version used : 2.23
> Please help me, to resolve this issue.
You can look at the linker map to understand why the unused sections are being brought in still.
> Siva prasad