This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH, ld, arm] Fix broken -Bsymbolic-functions
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, "'Alan Modra'" <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:46:58 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, ld, arm] Fix broken -Bsymbolic-functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000201d0c5ef$f3590ee0$da0b2ca0$ at arm dot com> <CAJA7tRY8Sjjx4TnuTiSh65A9mcGkMXc1605cWwe1vT2Kbj4Y6A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> From: Ramana Radhakrishnan [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 5:40 PM
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Thomas Preud'homme
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > GNU ld generates absolute relocation for non function call references
> to functions (eg. initialization of function pointer) despite the presence
> of -Bsymbolic-functions. This issue has already been dealt with in
> Aarch64 some time ago but although a check for similar issues in other
> targets was done, it was done incorrectly (probably by looking for the
> whole condition on a single line instead of just grepping for !.*-
> > Target that appears to be affected:
> > arm
> > hppa
> > m68k
> > nios2
> > tic6x
> > This patch fixes the issue for ARM targets.
> OK for the ARM backend. I don't mind this going into 2.25 at the least
> but Tristan needs to ack that.
I believe the following commit by Alan Modra fixed the issue for all targets:
Alan, would it be ok for this patch to be backported to 2.25 after a few more days if no bug is reported?