This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Objcopy --only-keep-debug update
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:09:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: Objcopy --only-keep-debug update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55B8D362 dot 9070004 at redhat dot com> <1438196435 dot 28346 dot 120 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Mark Wielaard <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-07-29 at 14:21 +0100, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
>> One problem I did have with this part of the patch was in determining
>> which sections should have their sh_link fields preserved. In the
>> end I had to encode the section names directly, but I feel that their
>> ought to be a better way.
> I should prefix this with noting that eu-unstrip only got confused
> because the sh_flags weren't preserved. In particular the missing
> SHF_INFO_LINK on .plt.rela sections caused it to not match those in the
> main and debug file. I have a workaround for that now:
Can you try binutils master branch? I think I have fixed it.