This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: FAIL: Link -r with zlib compressed debug output
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 00:43:52 +0930
- Subject: Re: FAIL: Link -r with zlib compressed debug output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150722131641 dot GG16511 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOpsJTv2kzZGfB9NCjgTJ8dNvKAJwHsO8P5SfypwZKKV4A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 06:55:12AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> > HJ, this test is failing on ppc64 with gcc5 due to the size of
> > .debug_info simply being too small to show any benefit of compression.
> Can you try this? I replaced -g with -ggdb3, which generate much
> bigger .debug_macro section.
-ggdb3 fixed the failure. However, it seems to have introduced
FAIL: Link with zlib-gnu compressed debug output
FAIL: Link with zlib-gabi compressed debug output
I'll investigate these new fails after getting some sleep.
Australia Development Lab, IBM