This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: readelf display of 0x800...000 addend
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:12:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: readelf display of 0x800...000 addend
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150722132802 dot GH16511 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Nick, in commit 834f871cdc, you changed readelf to display
sym + 8000...0000 for rela relocs with a MIN_INT addend.
Previously we showed sym - 8000...0000, which I think is a little more
correct if readelf is showing signed addends. Was the change just to
avoid a ubsan warning about negation of MIN_INT?
> If so, we can avoid
the warning by simply doing unsigned arithmetic.
* readelf.c (dump_relocations): Show MIN_INT addends as negative.
Indeed - please apply.