This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold][patch] Make arm_unaligned_reloc test less sensitive to disassembler output format
- From: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:27:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold][patch] Make arm_unaligned_reloc test less sensitive to disassembler output format
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH9SEo7JPLmcGx3+QWq3N6iygPB8euXmaTv-r3A-oU1dqrwZoA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJimCsGYFJ=gsE-LT+xox9+8MLpZ2KrTy1NdEid_xfNEkEVUjw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Unfortunately, this still hasn't landed and 2.25.1 was just cut without it.
So in 2.25.1, 'make check' fails out of the box for ARM targets.
I wonder if this might be reason enough to do a 2.25.2 pretty soon. If
there will be a 2.25.2 any time substantially before 2.26 (which I assume
will be close to the end of the year as usual), IMHO commit d840c08 (fixing
a gas bug) should get cherry-picked for it too. It never got filed in
bugzilla AFACT, but AIUI this is biting some people in the wild now.