This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Committed: partial sync with src repo: bfd depends on zlib
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:07:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Committed: partial sync with src repo: bfd depends on zlib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1507140816010 dot 74899 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <CAMe9rOp8yVy8ie7URSp-oYSdC14ryzwjT40_b6dqvu3NrzC-gw at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1507140936570 dot 74899 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> The shared files between gcc and binutils are way out of sync.
> Yeah I noticed, but didn't go for a full sync as that'd require
> testing other builds too. Thankfully your imported src commit
> was local.
>> I have synced binutils with gcc. I started submitting GCC
>> patches to sync with binutils:
>> I will commit changes to GCC to sync GCC with binutils.
>> In the meantime, you can use the shared files from binutils
>> with GCC.
> The commit I did means I don't have to, but this was for a
> bare-iron cross-target meaning likely less issues than a
> self-hosted target with all bells, whistles and subdirs; people
> may see other failures for other targets.
I have synced toplevel files as well as config/include directories
between GCC and binutils-gdb. Please let me know if I have