This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ALIGN directive showing different behavior than documented
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Andre Vieira <Andre dot SimoesDiasVieira at arm dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 10:47:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: ALIGN directive showing different behavior than documented
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <559BD727 dot 20802 at arm dot com> <20150708130127 dot GC28641 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
> I wonder how many scripts rely on the old behaviour? If I don't hear
> any objections to this change, I'll install the following in a day or
If it helps, gold treats ALIGN(x) identically to ALIGN(., x). Of the
many scripting incompatibilities between ld and gold that have been
reported, this hasn't been one of them (that I know of).