This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Extract PID from core file
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 14:19:01 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Extract PID from core file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <558D919F dot 40006 at eagerm dot com>
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Michael Eager wrote:
> MIPS BFD support for parsing the psinfo note record in
> a core file does not extract the PID value. Other targets
> (eg., x86) do extract the PID. MIPS Linux is different from
> other targets, in that it saves the PID as a 64-bit number
> (__kernel_pid_t is defined as ulong, although I can't find where).
The typedef is in linux/include/uapi/asm-generic/posix_types.h:
typedef int __kernel_pid_t;
so your change can't be right -- have you tried it with a big-endian core
> Tested on MIPS32 (N32).
Hmm, n32 is MIPS64. MIPS32 is o32 only.