This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH, ARM] Don't pass incorrect pointer in arm_build_one_stub
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "'Julian Brown'" <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Doug Kwan" <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:58:50 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, ARM] Don't pass incorrect pointer in arm_build_one_stub
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20090710141535 dot 6be29db4 at rex dot config> <003501d0b4b1$6a467d80$3ed37880$ at arm dot com> <20150702150427 dot 1273444c at octopus>
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:binutils-
> email@example.com] On Behalf Of Julian Brown
> Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:04 PM
> I've unfortunately completely lost context on this patch now, and I
> couldn't find anything useful in Mentor's private patch tracker about it
> either. I may have been simply mistaken, and/or failed to take some
> particular case into account.
Thanks for looking that up in Mentor's patch tracker, much appreciated!
On my side, I understood why it was never hit by trying to reproduce it:
only stubs created to fix a8 erratum have Thumb relocate (and thus go
in the codepath with this assert) but the h field of the stub_entry for
these veneer is never initialized and is thus NULL.