This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:46:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1432934749 dot 13692 dot 9 dot camel at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 16:25 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> This is the second in a series of patches to make a build with an
> in-tree GNU libiconv work as designed.
> Currently GDB is the only toolchain component which actually uses an
> in-tree libiconv. This patch modifies the common AM_ICONV to use an
> in-tree libiconv when present and not already provided by libc. (GDB's
> workaround uses an in-tree libiconv even when libc provides iconv(3);
> I'm not sure when or why that would be desirable.)
> Once these two patches are merged in to each tree, I will follow with
> patches to regenerate the various configure scripts and a few other
> minor corresponding changes.
This patch was bootstrapped in conjunction with the toplevel libiconv
patch. I don't have write permissions to either repository, so please
apply once approved.
Associate Software Engineer, ARM
Red Hat, Inc.