This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Any option to objdump just one function ?
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Ciro Santilli <ciro dot santilli at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: manningaustin at mac dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 17:21:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: Any option to objdump just one function ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFXrp_eouEA-A1igf63PSyFUVhBPACxO10rixjOyC5=1M_vXJw at mail dot gmail dot com>
This is a reply to: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-04/msg00445.html
Is this feature technically feasible? Seems simple, but I may be
Technically feasible yes, but I think unnecessary.
Would you be interested in a patch that a adds a new option like:
objdump -d --function main main.o
I don't think so. I have already described several methods whereby this
functionality could be achieved without modifying objdump, so I really
do not see the need.