This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Generate DT_TEXTREL when there is relocation against read-only section
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:03:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Generate DT_TEXTREL when there is relocation against read-only section
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <n998ubgrrrz dot fsf at arm dot com>
On 19 June 2015 at 10:05, Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch fix the SEGSEGV noticed on some scenarios when there is
> relocation against read-only segment in the program.
> We need to generate DT_TEXTREL entry in .dynamic section to
> notify dynamic linker that there are relocations against read-only
> segment, that dynamic linker can invoke mprotect to change the segment
> attribute into writable, and after relocation finished, change it back
> to read-only.
> OK for trunk?
OK, can you back port to 2.25 aswell please? /Marcus