This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[MIPS] Reserve a .gnu_attribute value
- From: "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "andrew dot bennett at imgtec dot com" <andrew dot bennett at imgtec dot com>, "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:17:52 +0000
- Subject: [MIPS] Reserve a .gnu_attribute value
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
(Sorry, if you received this twice, I typo'd an email address).
I'd like to reserve the value 8 for backwards-object compatibility in the object attribute value enumeration.
Our original Nan2008 implementation used this value in the .gnu_attribute section, but the final approved version does not. While it doesn't pose a problem for me today, #8 is the next number in the sequence and I would like to make sure that it doesn't get used for something else. Does anyone have any objections to this?
If there are no objections, I will post a formal patch, along with the required mips attribute testsuite changes.
diff --git a/include/elf/mips.h b/include/elf/mips.h index 23c21e2..9e07580 100644/* Object attribute values. */
@@ -1295,6 +1295,9 @@ enum
/* Using -mips32r2 -mfp64 -mno-odd-spreg. */
Val_GNU_MIPS_ABI_FP_64A = 7,
+ /* Object-compatibility bit. */
+ Val_GNU_MIPS_ABI_FP_NAN2008 = 8,
/* Values defined for Tag_GNU_MIPS_ABI_MSA. */
/* Not tagged or not using any ABIs affected by the differences. */