This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Allow for optional operands with non-zero default values
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 17:22:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Allow for optional operands with non-zero default values
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1434681618 dot 5306 dot 7 dot camel at otta> <20150619054308 dot GM1723 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 15:13 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> Looks good to me. I wonder how many uses of mfcr r,0 this finds? :)
I don't really expect to see any. It's a very expensive instruction to
just place an undefined value into RT. If there are some real uses of
that, the users probably want to know since it probably not doing what
they want it to do.