This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: DJGPP port of binutils broken due to 64 bit cygwin fix.
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Juan Manuel Guerrero <juan dot guerrero at gmx dot de>, binutils at sourceware dot org, djgpp at delorie dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:43:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: DJGPP port of binutils broken due to 64 bit cygwin fix.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55703CF2 dot 5030900 at gmx dot de> <20150609054442 dot GC14752 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
> Nick's patch
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-03/msg00270.html> looks wrong on
a number of fronts. Why the odd test for a discarded
section? I think we ought to apply something like the following,
handling not just local but also global symbols defined in discarded
sections. This also zeros out the relocation field as is done for the
However, I'm not an expert on the COFF linker, and don't have the
means to test this on a native cygwin toolchain without significant
effort on my part. So this patch ought to be reviewed by someone
before I commit it.
Well I am all for reverting my patch and replacing it with a better one.
Unfortunately I do not have a COFF test environment either, so it is
over to you Juan - does this patch work for you ?