This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATH] AMD MWAITX enablement
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Amit Pawar" <Amit dot Pawar at amd dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 08:05:25 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATH] AMD MWAITX enablement
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0428E25D138CAA4D819A6FED9429E51AF4A29C at SCYBEXDAG02 dot amd dot com> <556D83DE02000078000800CE at mail dot emea dot novell dot com> <0428E25D138CAA4D819A6FED9429E51AF4A96C at SCYBEXDAG02 dot amd dot com>
>>> On 08.06.15 at 08:15, <Amit.Pawar@amd.com> wrote:
> Third operand has been added to MWAITX instruction.
Thanks. And just to double check - in 64-bit mode it is RBX that
matters, not EBX (i.e. the upper 32 bits are not being ignored)?
(I suppose you realize that it's kind of difficult to review such a
change without there being public documentation for these new