This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Debugging MIPS PIE executables
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: Felix Radensky <felix dot radensky at broadcom dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 08:10:08 +0000
- Subject: RE: Debugging MIPS PIE executables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E58C9DEB1F89D14DACE36CCF9743E0E27A4D5A at SJEXCHMB13 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com>
Felix Radensky <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I was wondering if any progress was made to resolve the problem
> discussed in the following threads:
> Are there any experimental patches for binutils/gdb/glibc that I can try
> ? PIE executables are must in many security-conscious projects, and the
> lack of ability to debug them is a serious problem.
This request has come up a few times again recently and I am hoping to
submit patches for this in the coming week. I still have not managed to
build a PIE version of glibc which is a bit of a blocker. I'm currently
trying to use HJ's recent patches to support PIE by default from GCC but
now have link assertions in glibc instead of reloc failures.
I have binutils and gdb patches that have been used with bionic but they
still need some cleaning up.