This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] PowerPC -fsplit-stack support
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Raphael Moreira Zinsly <rzinsly at br dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 00:31:27 +0930
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] PowerPC -fsplit-stack support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150515081928 dot GO6140 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <1432912033 dot 7344 dot 34 dot camel at otta>
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:07:13AM -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 17:49 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > PowerPC64 ELFv1 requires a tweak to find_functions in order to return
> > code addresses, rather than OPD entry addresses. OK to apply?
> > * reloc.cc (Sized_relobj_file::find_functions): Use function_location.
> > * powerpc.cc (Target_powerpc::do_calls_non_split): New function.
> > (addi_12_1, addis_2_12, addis_12_1, cmpld_7_12_0): New constants.
> > (lis_0): Rename from lis_0_0.
> Alan, I see this is in trunk now. We you planning on committing this
> to the 2.25 branch? We'd like to include this in our IBM 2.25 branch
> and we're wondering whether all we'll need to do is merge with the
> 2.25 branch if you commit it there or whether we'll have to cherry
> pick it from trunk.
Now committed to 2.25, along with some other recent fixes.
Australia Development Lab, IBM