This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: What's the make target 'diststuff'?
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 22:56:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: What's the make target 'diststuff'?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJimCsFrHdns+OBsbztoxG5-vjoZ78RKXL8CSDhEKDg9af2JxA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACTLOFo+M_ycEoDo+feVyvHe09Tk-qiF_j0P53SrAdoJ3LdScg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACTLOFr4yjPAMX-dKJOZHEJ4=4oCxYrWX48miXaSSY6+tGyv+w at mail dot gmail dot com>
OK, I've updated gold/Makefile.am to add the diststuff target. Would
it be worthwhile to apply the patch on the binutils-2_25 branch?
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Matt Rice <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Matt Rice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> PR gold/18200 complains that the release tarball doesn't contain the
>>> bison-generated files, and suggests that it's because gold/Makefile.am
>>> is missing the 'diststuff' target.
>>> My reading of the automake manual is that the EXTRA_DIST variable
>>> should be sufficient; I find no mention of 'diststuff'. Where can I
>>> find out about this?
>> Hi Cary, thanks for looking at this,
>> It's a binutils specific target invoked from src-release.sh in the
>> top-level repo,
>> I believe because of generation of multiple tarballs from one repo.
> I seem to recall now that automake has the target 'distdir' documented here:
> which may be a more standard way of achieving a similar end result to
> the 'diststuff' target