This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: What's the make target 'diststuff'?
- From: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 14:37:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: What's the make target 'diststuff'?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJimCsFrHdns+OBsbztoxG5-vjoZ78RKXL8CSDhEKDg9af2JxA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> PR gold/18200 complains that the release tarball doesn't contain the
> bison-generated files, and suggests that it's because gold/Makefile.am
> is missing the 'diststuff' target.
> My reading of the automake manual is that the EXTRA_DIST variable
> should be sufficient; I find no mention of 'diststuff'. Where can I
> find out about this?
Hi Cary, thanks for looking at this,
It's a binutils specific target invoked from src-release.sh in the
I believe because of generation of multiple tarballs from one repo.