This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
porting to new architecture, trouble adding to build process
- From: Max Ruttenberg <mruttenberg at emutechnology dot com>
- To: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:48:01 -0400
- Subject: porting to new architecture, trouble adding to build process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm (trying to) port a new architecture to binutils.
I've found this walkthrough online :
Walkthrough starts with BFD, so that's where I am right now. I've also
read the documentation in bfd/doc (well... I've read BFD Internals
For some reason, I cannot for the life of me add this new architecture
to the build process. I know because the repository still compiles
without errors. I've added my machine specific stuff to targets.c,
config.bfd, and Makefile.am.
After I couldn't get autotools to agree on what was the right version
to use I ended up just editing the Makefile.in but that still didn't
seem to do it (although the Makefile in my build directory now
includes my added targets and sources, but that's not surprising).
Is there a standard guide to adding a new architecture to the bfd build process?
Member of the Technical Staff
1400 E Angela Blvd, Unit 101
South Bend, IN 46617