This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:25:49 -0500
- Subject: [PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is the second in a series of patches to make a build with an
in-tree GNU libiconv work as designed.
Currently GDB is the only toolchain component which actually uses an
in-tree libiconv. This patch modifies the common AM_ICONV to use an
in-tree libiconv when present and not already provided by libc. (GDB's
workaround uses an in-tree libiconv even when libc provides iconv(3);
I'm not sure when or why that would be desirable.)
Once these two patches are merged in to each tree, I will follow with
patches to regenerate the various configure scripts and a few other
minor corresponding changes.
Associate Software Engineer, ARM
Red Hat, Inc.