This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] PowerPC -fsplit-stack support
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Raphael Moreira Zinsly <rzinsly at br dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:07:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] PowerPC -fsplit-stack support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150515081928 dot GO6140 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 17:49 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> PowerPC64 ELFv1 requires a tweak to find_functions in order to return
> code addresses, rather than OPD entry addresses. OK to apply?
> * reloc.cc (Sized_relobj_file::find_functions): Use function_location.
> * powerpc.cc (Target_powerpc::do_calls_non_split): New function.
> (addi_12_1, addis_2_12, addis_12_1, cmpld_7_12_0): New constants.
> (lis_0): Rename from lis_0_0.
Alan, I see this is in trunk now. We you planning on committing this
to the 2.25 branch? We'd like to include this in our IBM 2.25 branch
and we're wondering whether all we'll need to do is merge with the
2.25 branch if you commit it there or whether we'll have to cherry
pick it from trunk.