This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH dlltool] Avoid segfaulting if output_def can't be opened for writing
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephen Kitt <steve at sk2 dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:09:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH dlltool] Avoid segfaulting if output_def can't be opened for writing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150528210925 dot 02a5504f at heffalump dot sk2 dot org>
As reported in https://bugs.debian.org/519788, dlltool segfaults if the
output-def file can't be opened for writing. The following patch checks
the result of the corresponding fopen. (It may fuzz by one line depending
on whether my previous patch is applied or not.)
Thanks. With bugs like this, it is nice if you can use the bugzilla
reporting system to log them. That way we can keep track of the problem
and we have something to refer back to if the issue ever comes up again.
Anyway I have gone ahead and applied your patch along with this
2015-05-29 Stephen Kitt <email@example.com>
* dlltool.c (main): Fail if the output file specified by the
-z option cannot be opened.