This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Buidling binutils in gcc source directory
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Darling <darlingm at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 12:40:07 +0930
- Subject: Re: Buidling binutils in gcc source directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABRuA+jfGiTY8m3PSnb8L_gTd78BeL_0cj7M_6=w2W4xBtodnA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 09:25:48PM -0400, Michael Darling wrote:
> 1. Why is it expecting the binutils binaries to be in
> top-source-dir/binutils/ when they are all in
> top-source-dir/binutils/binutils/ ? I'm not supposed to check out
> binutils git into the base gcc directory, am I? There's a bunch of
> files that will conflict.
It's been a while since I bothered with a combined build, but yes, you
need to merge the binutils source tree with the gcc source tree.
google gcc binutils combined build.
> 2. I got the git directory from http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/
> --- and it's binutils-gdb.git. Gdb isn't involved, yet. Am I
> checking out the wrong thing?
binutils-gdb is the correct repository. If you don't want to build gdb,
configure with -disable-gdb --disable-sim --disable-readline (and
--disable-libdecnumber if building binutils stand-alone).
Australia Development Lab, IBM