This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Add to default SEARCH_DIR paths (For a .o, not a .so)
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Darling <darlingm at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 12:32:07 +0930
- Subject: Re: Add to default SEARCH_DIR paths (For a .o, not a .so)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABRuA+gL0BDTcgtpC=7xwd4K7jJaJKMBOgsgVs+AND-j96x7Xw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 08:57:19PM -0400, Michael Darling wrote:
> When using ld 2.24 binary or 220.127.116.1150521 (binutils-gdb.git), I am
> getting this error when compiling using gcc 6.0.0 20150521 (git
> /..//bin/ld: cannot find crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
If you are linking with gcc, then the gcc driver should pass the full
pathname to the gcc provided crtbeginS.o. If that isn't happening it
suggests you have built or installed gcc wrongly, somehow.
If you are trying to link directly with ld, well, there are lots of
ways to fail at that.
Australia Development Lab, IBM