This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch][gold] Change how we compute merge mapping for strings
- From: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:13:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch][gold] Change how we compute merge mapping for strings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG3jReJOfkwOpymMkM8cXr1K2u8MC3sO=qxkd9AwP_qMfQ-fvw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Now with the correct email address. Sorry about that.
On 20 May 2015 at 11:12, Rafael EspÃndola <email@example.com> wrote:
> Currently we first record the offset and hash of each string. We then
> walk that computing the size from the difference in the offsets.
> This doesn't work if not every string is kept, which is what I am
> trying to do (gc unused parts of SHF_MERGE sections).
> With the attached patch we first add a mapping that is missing the
> output offset and once the strings are merged we just set the output
> 2015-05-20 Rafael Ãvila de EspÃndola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * merge.cc (do_add_input_section): Create mappings with no output
> (finalize_merged_data): Set the output offsets.
> * merge.h (Merged_string): Delete.