This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
'dollar local labels' in GAS do not appear to be implemented
- From: Somchai Smythe <buraphalinuxserver at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 15:09:04 +0700
- Subject: 'dollar local labels' in GAS do not appear to be implemented
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I cannot get 'dolloar local labels' that are described in the GNU
assembly manual to work. Here is what I tried to assemble:
.file 1 "trouble.s"
.type main, @function
.align 16, 0x90
movabsq $0, %rdi # return code indicates success
movabsq $__NR_exit, %rax
Here is what it says:
as trouble.s -o trouble.o
trouble.s: Assembler messages:
trouble.s:12: Error: junk `$f' after expression
trouble.s:13: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `5'
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.25
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `x86_64-linux-gnu'.