This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/18355: --enable-shared doesn't work
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 08:32:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/18355: --enable-shared doesn't work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150429161220 dot GA28295 at intel dot com>
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> When bfd is configured as a shared library, we need to configure zlib
> with --enable-host-shared since zlib is used by bfd. Any comments,
> feedbacks, objections?
> PR ld/18355
> * Makefile.def: Add extra_configure_flags to host zlib.
> * configure.ac (extra_host_zlib_configure_flags): New. Set
> to --enable-host-shared When bfd is to be built as shared
> library. AC_SUBST.
> * Makefile.in: Regenerated.
> * configure: Likewise.
I am checking it in.