This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFA: Remove .not section from x86 assembler
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, cagney at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 07:37:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Remove .not section from x86 assembler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqf-WDG3MMqvB8kxBypBgO6FzsxWC5Psn4iWCwrOGHOHw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This x86 assembler patch:
> generates a .note section for .arch directive so that gdb can
> tell which architecture an i386 binary belongs:
> However, x86 assembly code can have any instructions.
> A .note section doesn't help. Is GDB using the .note section
> today? If not, I'd like to remove it.
I will remove it.