This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 09:40:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55195C5C dot 5060304 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+PyKmoEsq=BZJCM+Zk=Qd0TfZ2kodFmWrPwPEwn0aND8jw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKdteOaR=8hPvadrB85CW==49gh5rSvv7upBwD6i3jLSM8zLYQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 29 April 2015 at 21:12, Christophe Lyon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 1 April 2015 at 14:17, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 30 March 2015 at 15:23, Marcus Shawcroft <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> Some early revisions of the Cortex-A53 have an erratum (843419). The
>>> details of the erratum are quite complex and involve dynamic conditions.
>>> For the purposes of the workaround we have simplified the static conditions
>>> to an ADRP in the last two instructions of a 4KByte page, followed within
>>> four instructions by a load/store dependent on the ADRP.
> Hi Marcus,
> Do you have any plan to submit a GCC patch adding a configure option +
> spec file entry to activate this workaround by default, as you did
> previously for erratum 835769?
We don;t have such a patch in progress. /Marcus