This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RFA: Remove .not section from x86 assembler
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, cagney at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 17:12:00 -0700
- Subject: RFA: Remove .not section from x86 assembler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This x86 assembler patch:
generates a .note section for .arch directive so that gdb can
tell which architecture an i386 binary belongs:
However, x86 assembly code can have any instructions.
A .note section doesn't help. Is GDB using the .note section
today? If not, I'd like to remove it.