This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][Backport 2.25] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- From: Jiong Wang <wong dot kwongyuan dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: gingold at adacore dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:34:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][Backport 2.25] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
2015-04-24 23:37 GMT+01:00 Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> 2015-04-24 15:23 GMT+01:00 Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com>:
>> Hi Jiong,
>>> * elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_size_dynamic): Count local symbol for
>>> GOT_NORMAL for both sgot/srelgot section.
>>> (elfNN_aarch64_final_link_relocate): Relocate against GOT entry
>>> address and generate necessary runtime relocation for GOT entry.
>> Approved - but ... I do not like having calls to abort() inside a library.
>> It rarely helps the user. It would be better I think to replace them with
>> calls to bdf_error_handler, providing an error message that tells the user
>> that there has been an internal error.
This patch cleanly applied to 2.25 branch.
OK to backport?