This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GAS][ARM]Positively emit symbols for alignment.
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:40:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [GAS][ARM]Positively emit symbols for alignment.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <553A3CAD dot 3050208 at arm dot com>
gas checked without any new issues. Okay to commit?
Yes. please do.
By the way, Nick, aarch64 has the same issue. The same can be done to
aarch64_init_frag(). Another way is to remove
fragP->tc_frag_data.recorded. It's only used in a few places. But I am
sure what dose it intended to do, Could you please explain a little bit
I think that it is meant to be the equivalent of the MODE_RECORDED bit
used in tc-arm.c.
A patch to fix tc-aarch64.c in a similar way to tc-arm.c is pre-approved.