This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <wong dot kwongyuan dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:23:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAfDdZ0b+mz34D9Y4f366a=FXmEa3EXCOAVi1etw_BG2mnYcEQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
* elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_size_dynamic): Count local symbol for
GOT_NORMAL for both sgot/srelgot section.
(elfNN_aarch64_final_link_relocate): Relocate against GOT entry
address and generate necessary runtime relocation for GOT entry.
Approved - but ... I do not like having calls to abort() inside a
library. It rarely helps the user. It would be better I think to
replace them with calls to bdf_error_handler, providing an error message
that tells the user that there has been an internal error.