This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Improve warning messages for la/dla
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 20:59:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Improve warning messages for la/dla
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023532103DF06 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> writes:
> I've had some feedback from long term MIPS users who have only previously
> used MIPS32 and are now looking at MIPS64. The LA and DLA macros have
> caused some confusion and I believe a bit of extra guidance in the warning
> messages for these will help steer people to the correct fix.
> OK to commit?
> * config/tc-mips.c (macro): State the recommended way of creating
> 32-bit or 64-bit addresses.
OK, thanks. Guess this means we don't have any testcases for the