This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Accept odd result in ld-powerpc/tocnovar testcase
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:06:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Accept odd result in ld-powerpc/tocnovar testcase
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150423035955 dot GN12627 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
> I didn't commit this with the relro and powerpc .TOC. changes,
> thinking that something should be done about the odd result of
> .shstrtab appearing in PT_GNU_RELRO. On looking at it further,
> I think that changing readelf would be wrong, so let's just
> accept the results. Real binaries will always have other sections
> past .got, so PT_GNU_RELRO won't finish past the end of loaded
Still, why should readelf show any non-allocated sections as part of a segment?