This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Ignore relocations from .eh_frame for gc
- From: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:58:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Ignore relocations from .eh_frame for gc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG3jReKYU8GWr7Zd-Q9TAVybCMxyxA3w1OgWBebZeBjUmXyp2g at mail dot gmail dot com>
Now with the new email address.
On 21 April 2015 at 15:57, Rafael EspÃndola <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Looking at a synthetic testcase I noticed that gold will record
> relocations from .eh_frame during gc. This doesn't change the output
> as .eh_frame never goes to the worklist, but it does slows gold down a
> The attached patch changes the gc code to ignore .eh_frame. Not sure
> if it is worth it the special case. If it is, is this the correct way
> to detect .eh_frame?
> 2015-04-21 Rafael Ãvila de EspÃndola <email@example.com>
> * gc.h (gc_process_relocs): Ignore .eh_frame sections.