This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] use gold/configure.tgt to calc supported targets
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:52:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] use gold/configure.tgt to calc supported targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1429509429-3218-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
> Rather than maintain two lists, re-use gold's target file to determine
> whether the current target is supported.
> 2015-04-20 Mike Frysinger <email@example.com>
> * configure.ac: Replace $target checks with gold/configure.tgt.
> * configure: Regenerate.
I think patches to the top-level config are supposed to be committed
in the GCC tree first, then synced to the sources tree, so you should
send your patch to gcc-patches as well. This looks OK to me, but there
may have been a reason it wasn't written this way to begin with. This
needs approval from someone who can review configure patches.