This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch][gold] Use LIFO instead of FIFO to implement gc's transitive closure
- From: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:53:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch][gold] Use LIFO instead of FIFO to implement gc's transitive closure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG3jReLe3cxiUEMF29fjntb8se=eZjm+55p_JPaM93RVhxCpKg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJimCsFLucRk7ZzLg2MQEAdDDH=z_tAy0HH821_891Kdv-c+pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I passed this by Sri (the original author of the --gc-sections code)
> to see if he had any objections, and he's fine with it.
Thanks. Just pushed it. Sorry for the delay. I was busy with the llvm
dev meeting (and company meetings).
> This is OK, with a ChangeLog entry. Please try to remember to include
> ChangeLog entries with your patches (but not as *part* of the patches
> -- including it with the plain text of the message helps the reviewer,
> whereas including it in the patch makes merges messy).
I had never thought of ChangeLogs as useful for review (or at all :-)
), but if you find them useful I will try to include them for the next