This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Enable 0x10 alignment for aarch64 symbols as is done for x86_64
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: K Jski <bielsk1 at vt dot edu>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Antonio Barbalace <antoniob at vt dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:01:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: Enable 0x10 alignment for aarch64 symbols as is done for x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH=yU0YozLe6hgeQK_1ni8CWT9Na6U2WV3GYgFE-moq46DEqfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJimCsHhQfsTh4GnzAajB_P5foDxew9utz606T=0z8sLQ1eGew at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH=yU0YLyuR72bQwQZ6Zw4OvkMj3wZOc_bmBeV_6xAju=r+NCQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH=yU0bDBTzPUQssERB=THs-6HzH1Q2SmAtzgzH2bJ+i9ofzYA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJimCsGDiYipS4fzAJaWBg77QHc1_SbXQGH0Q_Wu6-FARB7bfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH=yU0YcrNWUN=K9xD6Dg8uAZ=hA5H6WE+gOZ-e82iSAzT5NyA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH=yU0ZtcEjmp4EjqBdSk+J36m1G79x2rOKbDG1waTVt8FfN6g at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Another more direct question is:
> Where are code fill sections inserted? At what point are this->table_
> elements put into the Output_section::Input_section object that has
> access via "this->input_sections()"
> There are no relo's in my code, i am linking statically also btw.
I'm concerned that I still don't know what you're really trying to
accomplish, and that you may be headed down the wrong path. If you can
describe what problem you're trying to solve, I might be able to help.