This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: RL78: Generate complex relocs for DWARF sections
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:19:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Commit: RL78: Generate complex relocs for DWARF sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wq1eohtn dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On Tuesday, April 14 2015, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I am applying the patch below to update the RL78 port so that it uses
> complex relocations for entries in the .debug_line section. This
> means that when code sections are relaxed by the linker, the
> .debug_line information will stay up to date.
> Whilst implementing this patch I found that readelf did not know how
> to handle RL78 complex relocations and that the special_function field
> in the RL78 reloc howto table had not been set up to handle complex
> relocs. So the patch also fixes both of these problems.
This is causing build failures for all targets tested by our BuildBot:
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF 31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible