This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR binutils/18218: bad handling of .debug_str_offsets section
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:03:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR binutils/18218: bad handling of .debug_str_offsets section
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150409135922 dot GA31308 at gmail dot com> <CADPb22RHuML1i+L8mz2cJ8SV_h=Jsw=XGbdTq1B+4T0JF+ZqNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOoG8r7JEk4f_cPeb=MqNOQk=5qGHhOsjZ4nXh1-2ZA4qA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Even better, treat the "sec" argument to load_specific_debug_section
>> as "const Elf_Internal_Shdr * sec".
>> Modifying sec->sh_size to be the size of the now-uncompressed section
>> is fragile and what led to this bug. Leave this data be the
>> representation of what's actually on disk, and build on it, not modify
> We need to update sh_size to get readelf to work right.
I don't understand.
There are lots of ways to make readelf work right.
Some better than others.