This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add SHF_COMPRESSED support to gas and objcopy
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:55:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add SHF_COMPRESSED support to gas and objcopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOr2L_BfEG4JgEUbqQs8regCyNXW3-+J0cMcCW3RiOL1aw at mail dot gmail dot com> <1428508446 dot 30498 dot 91 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-04-08 at 07:56 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> Done. This is what I checked in.
> I think this patch broke the bfd build (depending on what GCC you use to compile).
> /scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c: In function 'bfd_init_section_compress_status':
> /scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c:154:12: error: 'zlib_size' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=uninitialized]
> /scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c:82:7: note: 'zlib_size' was declared here
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> make: *** [compress.lo] Error 1
Which GCC are you using?